We keep this version of the Diabetes and Pregnancy for Doulas Manual up-to-date. If you would like a physical copy, please email us and we will send one to you for $30.00 + S&H.
This manual does not cover everything we talk about in the class. To receive your certification, you must take the class.
This manual includes information about:
- What makes a client with diabetes different?
- Distinguishing between the different types of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes
- Diagnostic methods and thresholds for Gestational Diabetes
- Comparative Benefits and Harms of Varying Diagnostic Thresholds
- Treatments for each type of diabetes
- PCOS and Diabetes
- Preparing to conceive – What clients need to know
- Essential diabetes statistics & facts
- Complications and how to avoid them
- Options during pregnancy and labor with diabetes
- Red flags for providers and birthplaces
- Safely avoiding cesareans
- Cesareans with diabetes
- Postpartum – what to expect and how to help
You must be logged in to post a comment.