We cannot save you from your choices We support you in your birth choices. If you want an unmedicated birth, you need to prepare for it either by taking out-of-hospital childbirth education classes and educating yourself and practicing coping techniques at home, regularly. If you ask for an epidural and truly want one, we will … Continue reading 8 Things Doulas Wish You Knew
Birth plans are unique to the individual writing them. In this blog post we will talk about creating a birth plan to help you present to your care provider so they understand your wishes for your birthing time.
This year has been a fantastically busy one, and we wouldn't have it any other way! See what we were up to in 2018.
uring pregnancy, foot zoning can help with morning sickness, heartburn, swelling in your legs, constipation, high blood pressure, insomnia, bladder problems, mild cramping, and hemorrhoids.
Interestingly enough, couples who already have two of the same sex children are around 75% more likely to have the same sex baby again. We had two boys already, so our chances of having a girl were 25%. After two boys, we really wanted to have a girl, especially where this was going to be our last baby.
"What is your doula style?" I get asked this a lot during my initial consultations. It's kind of hard to answer. Every doula has a technique that they love to use and that works for their clients. For some, it's their voice--helping clients visualize calming imagery, their cervix opening and baby coming down, etc. For others, it's rebozo--sifting to help baby be in a good position for birth, providing counter-pressure with it, using it to aid in squatting, etc. For me, I'd say it's following my intuition.
At March's Positive Birth Group, we talked about how affirmation banners are helpful, how to make affirmations work for you, and then we made some great banners. Here is a recap of what we covered.
Waiting for labor to start can be a mind game. Studies suggest only 5% of women go into labor on their due dates and that due dates can range from 2.5 weeks before to 2.5 weeks after your "due date". In addition, ACOG recommends AGAINST inductions before 39 weeks gestation unless there is a medical indication (a suspected large baby is not a medically indication).
Diabetes is the most common complication during pregnancy. Find out what you can do to reduce your risks during pregnancy.
Having Type 1 Diabetes doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't get pregnant. It does, however, mean that you need to have your blood sugars well-controlled before you get pregnant. If your pregnancy is unplanned, don't stress, just start working with your endocrinologist to get your blood sugars under control. Since Type 1 Diabetes during pregnancy does categorize you as high-risk, you will need to have additional testing and procedures done to ensure the health of you and your baby.
You must be logged in to post a comment.